The Alzheimer Society’s Dementia Care Training Program is a 12-hour course (over 4 weeks) for enhancing knowledge and skills related to providing holistic care to persons with dementia. This program is excellent for Personal Support Workers, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Caregivers, Rehabilitation staff, students and volunteers whom work with seniors.
Trainees will receive a U-First! Certification upon completion.
The Dementia Care Training Program takes place in-class and involves several exciting and engaging activities. The course is broken up into 4 three hour sessions.
- Schedule Dates
- Part 1 - Fri Jun 02 @ 6pm - 9pm
- Part 2 - Fri Jun 16 @ 6pm - 9pm
- Part 3 - Fri Jun 23 @ 6pm - 9pm
- Part 4 - Fri Jul 07 @ 6pm - 9pm
View the full Upcoming Workshop Schedule
Over the 12 hour program, trainees will learn:
- The nature and progression of Alzheimer's disease
- The factors that contribute to responsive behaviours
- The U-First! common language, values and team approach to managing responsive behaviours
- The physical and sensory changes related to aging through an aging simulation.